People in Manila are funny. Each year alone a lot of people do their darnest to get one of these georgeous Starbucks planner. It’s an annual promotion of the company and it is turning out to be a cult phenomenon.
Boasting of an eco friendly design, it scored a lot of plus points for its politically correct stance against all things plastic. It made a lot of people drool. It’s the end of the year’s most coveted toy. If you don’t have it, you are on the lower end of the gene pool.
Each planner comes with its own brown sack-like envelope. It protects the journal from dust,dirt and all things crawling like roaches and the office vipers.
It’s cheeky two liner:
“You & Starbucks
It’s bigger than coffee”
is just the right first page welcome message to a nation agog with Korean telenovela!
It’s a love note alright and it made caffeine infused lovers swoon..awww.
Like all things precious, the Starbuck’s planner did not come cheap. It took around 17 stickers to fill up a mini coupon before this thing can be yours. Do the math and see that it amounted to around Php 1870 or 42 US dollars.
How many actually uses these planners after they get them?
Surprisingly I know of people who just collects them. They just want to have them and relish the feeling of how desperate they wanted one to the point of drinking three to four Starbuck’s coffee a day to fill up a coupon!
The holiday season is over and all is quiet. Lovers of these planners have another year to wait for the next 2013 planner. In the meantime enjoy and show off these beauties…but don’t forget to use them please!
- It’s Beginning to Look like Christmas at Starbucks (http://hitsandmrs.wordpress.com/)
- Just Another Starbucks Planner (http://crazyshopaholicme.wordpress.com/)
- Sunday at Solenad http://idadaldal.wordpress.com/
- Starbucks Thailand 2012 planner (lifeasacynic.blogspot.com)
- A Collectible Tradition: Starbucks Planners 2005-2012 (thoughtspresso.wordpress.com)
- My first Starbucks planner … (mixedupalready.com)
- Random: Starbucks Planner 2012……and LBD ^_^ (beautyanon.wordpress.com)
- Signs that the Starbucks Planner Season Is On! (rikkicustodio.wordpress.com)
- Coffee! (allisonwalter.wordpress.com)
- Want to double up your StarBucks stickers? (betweeniandthesky.wordpress.com)
- Starbucks Coffee, Sure … But Starbucks Booze? (fool.com)