I first heard of Nick Vujicic a year ago. Here is a man whose lack of arms and legs never stopped him from bringing Christ to people across nations and doing countless hours of “legwork” in order to share his message of Hope.
Born with tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare disorder characterized by the absence of all four limbs, he has overcome his demons that threaten to engulf him in despair. His growing up years were difficult and are often marred by ridicule and pity from his peers.
But ever since he came face to face with the Carpenter from Nazareth, he was shown that having no arms and legs are never the end of the world. In fact, in the Savior’s agenda, it is only the beginning of a journey that will span continents and joyful hours of meeting men and women from all around the world…people who may have both arms and legs but had never felt whole or complete.
When he came to Asia with a schedule to speak in our church at Christ’s Commission Fellowship, Manila, last May 19, it was simply an occasion not to be missed. He wheeled into the stage, a man whose smile was both genuine and contagious. Everyone was clapping, smiling and in tears…and he hasn’t spoken yet!
From across the span of this huge, comfortable and cool edifice and through eyes misted with tears, I can barely see Nick. Although I can see that he was just happy to be where he was supposed to be. His voice laced with Aussie accent was soothing, uplifting hearts with a message so clear it cannot be denied:“If God can use a man without arms and legs to be His hands and feet, then He will certainly use any willing heart!”
If the package is already the message, then it is no wonder that Nick was able to reach out to hurting people. He has ministered to broken souls better than any able bodied individual ever can. Our bad days will never compare to his. Everyday is a struggle for him just to live…and yet, he does! He never lost hope that one day, he will have his miracle, he will have his arms and legs. Not here on earth, but in heaven where we are supposed to go home to, one day soon.
Thank you Nick…for showing that your faith is in a God who is alive and is the only source of Hope in this mad world. Your wife and your new baby boy is proof that He really holds you in the palm of His loving hands. He sees you…
- Nick Vujicic in Manila 2013 (butterflyinthespring.com)
- Australian Preacher Nick Vujicic Takes Message of Overcoming Adversity to 25,000 People in Communist Vietnam (blackchristiannews.com)
- Foreign preacher takes rare turn on Vietnam stage (sfgate.com)
- The Heart of Discipleship – Christ’s Commission Fellowship (renzambrano.wordpress.com)
- Foreign preacher takes rare turn on Vietnam stage (sacbee.com)
- No arms, no legs – still ‘Unstoppable’ (xlibrisbookreviews.wordpress.com)
- ‘Team Nick” takes stage in Hanoi to preach (reporternews.com)
- Pinoy PWDs say ‘Never give up’ with Nick Vujicic (pinoyjourn.wordpress.com)
- Be The Miracle -Nick Vujicic (imkyla.wordpress.com)